At Lifestyle Listings we collect different types of information about our users for four main reasons:
- To provide personalised services unique to individual users.
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer.
- To sell advertising space on the site. This helps us to keep the site free for people who visit it
- If we have permission from the user, to market services to them.
There may be other privacy policies that apply to certain services we provide. Please read these when you register or subscribe for these services on these sites.
Quick lists of Policy information:
- Our Principles
- How we use your information
- Logging in using social networking credentials
- Updating your personal information
- Who we share information with
- About our advertising
- Legal information and how to contact us
- We do our very best to protect your privacy by using security technology appropriately. This means:
- We make sure that we have appropriate security measures to protect your information; and
- We make sure that when we ask another organisation to provide a service for us, they have appropriate security measures.
- We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing emails only from us and, if you agree, from other organisations we have carefully chosen.
- We will collect and use individual user details only if we have your permission or we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as collecting enough information to manage subscriptions.
- We will be clear in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use it.
- We will use personal information only for the purposes for which it was originally collected and we will make sure we delete it securely.
How we use your information
What information do we collect? We collect information on you:
- When you register or become a member of the Guardian
- When you use the website
- Through cookies
- If you choose to reveal information in postings, and
- When you enter sales promotions and competitions.
Certain services that we provide may involve us collecting extra information (membership, for example), such as where you are, so the service can be provided as designed. This may also apply to certain apps that you download, or which we provide.
The minimum information we need to register you is your name, email address and a password. We will ask you more questions for different services, including property details. Unless we say otherwise, you have to answer all the registration questions.
We may also ask some other, voluntary questions during registration for certain services (for example, professional networks) so we can gain a clearer understanding of who you are. This also allows us to personalise services for you.
After you have registered, we may send you emails we think may interest you. At any time you can decide not to receive these emails and will be able to ‘unsubscribe’.
If you log-in to our sites using a Facebook log-in, you are granting permission to Facebook to share your user details with us. This will include your name, email address, date of birth and location which will then be used to form a Lifestyle Listings identity. You can also use your picture from Facebook as part of your profile. This will also allow us and Facebook to share your,networks, user ID and any other information you choose to share according to your Facebook account settings. If you remove the Lifestyle Listings app from your Facebook settings, we will no longer have access to this information.
If you log-in to our sites using a twitter log-in, we receive your avatar (the small picture that appears next to your tweets) and twitter username.
We offer a ‘My details’ page (also known as Dashboard or profile), where you can update your personal information at any time, and change your marketing preferences. You can get to this page from most pages on the site.